Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Outdoor Living

Martha's special issue Outdoor Living is a keeper. I don't have much of a green thumb and Martha's gardening issue isn't always my favorite, but this publication takes a well-rounded look at all things outdoors. Filled with gardening, cooking, entertaining and decorating ideas, there's something for everyone. Some of the ideas have been compiled from the archives, some are brand new, all are good. Reading through this magazine, I found myself longing for hot summer days ... and in Texas, that's really something!


A section of the magazine gives ideas for creating outdoor spaces. I may have to move our outdoor table under the backyard tree and recreate this setting for a romantic anniversary dinner ... the lanterns in the tree complete the scene:


*image from MarthaStewart.com

This issue has sixteen colorful pages of Good Things and I put two to the test this weekend. I grilled chicken with Martha's Barbecue Rub (not found in Outdoor Living, but voted Best Rub by my family) and served Grilled Corn Disks on the side. This is a new favorite recipe of mine ... simple, delicious, and perfect summer fare. We finished dinner with Five-Minute Blueberry Topping. You can't beat a five minute recipe with only three ingredients. Served over vanilla ice cream, this topping is delicious.














If you haven't already picked up this issue, grab it quickly! It'll only be available in stores until the end of this month. And for more good things from Outdoor Living, check out Abbey's February post featuring the Strawberry Tartlet.

1 comment:

Cate said...

I love that outdoor cover pic from the magazine - it's ripped up and clipped to my fridge. We should all have backyards like that!