Sunday, June 8, 2008

Body & Soul :: Popsicles

I was intrigued by the "Frozen Fruity Pops" feature in the June issue of Body & Soul. I love popsicles, possibly more than my children do, but I can live without preservatives, food coloring and sugar. These frozen pops have minimal (but healthy) ingredients and pack a lot of interesting flavor.
We tried two of the three suggested varieties: honeydew-basil and pineapple-cinnamon.
The honeydew-basil popsicles contain (what else?) potassium-rich honeydew and vitamin K-packed basil (home grown), a bit of organic frozen lemonade concentrate and a dash of salt. The pineapple-cinnamon popsicles contain the title ingredients (pineapple is known for its anti-inflammatory ingredients), some orange juice and a dash of salt. I even used canned pineapple since I had plenty on hand.
The verdict? I'll definitely make these again. The flavors are summery and refreshing and they were a hit with the kids and adults alike.

No comments: