Monday, December 29, 2008

Finally! A Costco Find


Every time I visit our local Costco I keep my eyes peeled for the line of Martha products sold there, but I’ve never been successful in finding them. That is until a few weeks ago when I came across Martha’s turkey soup.

The soup was in the refrigerated section, in the area where they keep pre-made spinach dip, crab salad and the like. I picked up a package which included two 24 oz. containers for about $12.

I kept the soup in my freezer until a few nights ago when I defrosted one container and heated it up to serve alongside BLTs. The soup was tasty, brimming with noodles, mushrooms, carrots, onions and, of course, chunks of turkey.


On the package, it notes that this soup makes a “satisfying main course” served with crusty bread or an iceberg wedge. I would have to disagree. The package says that there are five servings per container, but my husband and I were the only two eating this soup and one container did not fill our two soup bowls. A family of four would definitely need to serve both containers together, and at $12 a pack (plus a side dish of some sort), I don’t think that makes an economical meal.

Overall, I did enjoy the soup – It’s a nice alternative to the canned variety. But I don’t think I’ll be dishing out $12 when I could make the same thing at home for far less.

No comments: