Thursday, August 28, 2008

Everyday Food :: Deep-Dish Pizzas

photo courtesy of www.marthastewart.com


The recent issue of Everyday Food was a hit for me ... lots of great recipes to try, including Deep-Dish Pizzas. Although simple, I've never made homemade deep-dish pizza. This recipe was the perfect place to start. Simple ingredients (using store-bought pizza dough!) and quick to put together, it was a great weeknight meal for my family.



I made a few changes to the recipe. The recipe calls for mozzarella cheese, which I used, but I also mixed in some extra Italian cheese (a four-cheese mix) and some Parmesan that I had in the fridge (read: I didn't buy enough mozzarella). The recipe calls for a baking time of 30-40 minutes, and my pizza definitely could have used the shorter time (read: my pizzas were slightly burnt and that's why I'm using the photo from Martha's site).



This is an easy recipe for a quick weeknight meal or for a weekend pizza party. I'll definitely make it again and experiment with some other toppings. Follow this link for the recipe.

1 comment:

Untypically Jia said...

Mmm those look sooo good! I need to start making pizza at home so hubby will stop ordering out.