Friday, August 14, 2009

Shark and Beach Cupcakes

Summer is coming to an end and school days are quickly approaching. To mark the end of a few great summer months, yesterday we hosted a pool party. While looking for fun pool/water food ideas, I came across Martha's Shark and Beach Cupcakes.

I cheated and used a cake mix and store-bought icing rather than following Martha's suggested recipes. I'm using my large pregnant belly as an excuse to take shortcuts.

These cupcakes could not have been easier. Graham cracker crumb sand, paper umbrellas, blue icing, and shark tales cut from blue cardstock. The prep time was so minimal and the cute factor is huge. They would have been better with Martha Stewart cupcake liners but I was out and didn't feel like making a trip to the store.

Have you made any cute Martha cupcakes lately?



16 comments:

Leslie said...

adorable!

Pam said...

Very clever and cute!

Mini Baker said...

I just found your blog and I love it! You've got so many yummy recipes :)
-Mini Baker
ps. I made these for my sister's bday last year! they were so cute!

eatme_delicious said...

Fun cupcakes! I never make cupcakes because they're not very easily transported and I don't want to eat them all myself!

Unknown said...

I love your blog its so cute!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Cute, I love any kind of cupcake!

Unknown said...

Oh love your blog! I love Martha as well- I wish I could be half as cool as her.

mle said...

Cute cupcakes! & cute blog : )

Homemade Heather said...

Yummo! Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog!

Aaron John said...

Looks delicious! Such a great themed cupcake!!

Joyti said...

How cute! I've never made Martha cupcakes, I should check some of her ideas out...

Maria said...

They look so cute and this is such a fun idea!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said...

Ooh these are too cute!! Thank you so much for your comment, I love your blog. I can't wait to come back :-)

Kathleen said...

These are fabulous!

Cassie | Bake Your Day said...

These are too cute, What a great idea!

Cakelaw said...

These are sooooo cute - perfect for a pool party.