Monday, March 23, 2009

The Hunt for Perfect Baby Announcements


Earlier this month I embarked on a search for the perfect baby announcements. I wanted to create them myself online so I could have some control over the content and layout. I never imagined it would be so hard to find something cute that met those criteria!

Most of the big-name photo-sharing sites’ announcement choices were simply ugly. And the few things I found online that were cute involved mailing in a hard-copy photo and waiting for a designer to send you a proof for approval (a lengthy and expensive undertaking).

That’s when I remembered that KODAK Gallery has a line of Martha-approved card designs. I found exactly what I was looking for and was able to customize the content and layout to my specifications. Best of all, I ordered the announcements on a Sunday afternoon and they were delivered to me on the following Thursday.

The only negative I would mention is that what looked to be a baby blue on my computer screen is actually more aqua than it appeared. But I guess that’s a risk you take when ordering anything online!

4 comments:

Cate said...

Did I miss some news? Are congratulations in order? :) Love those announcements, but I hear you. Took me forever to find something that was reasonably priced and cute to boot.

CookiePie said...

Great to know about -- thank you! And CONGRATS!!!

Ashley said...

Yes, we just welcomed a little boy, Cooper, to the family!

giz said...

Thanks for visiting our blog.
Such cute cards.